Friday, November 2, 2012

Month in Review

I meant to do this post yesterday, but I got distracted.  Work, pretty girl, happy hour... Where does the time go?

So anyway, I've gotten my library card without further hassle and due to the pressure of 'due dates' I think my most recent haul will dictate a good deal of my reading for November.  Expect a lot of young adult reviews.  I plan on finishing Paper Towns by John Green tonight and I'll hope to have my thoughts up tomorrow.  (It's awesome.)  Since I'm a nerd and have nothing better to do on a Friday night I also plan to start Once was Lost by Sara Zarr.  The rest of my picks were Fire by Kristin Cashore, Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, and Hate List by Jennifer Brown.  I'm still liking the young adult thing but I'm gonna have to work harder at finding male authors of contemporary works in the genre.  It seems like all the male young adult writers I come across are doing fantasy and that is becoming less and less my thing.  Not that it matters as I'm certain everything mentioned above is fabulous.

In addition to a host of Lemony Snicket's books I feel like a read a lot this month, only I'm not sure of all I think I've read but I feel certain it was more than the four books I can actually recall.  Oh well; guess I'm getting old...

In addition to old, I'm also tired: something akin to biblically weary; as in, I feel like Methuselah owes me money.  Looking forward to stretching my old ass out on the couch and reading with only my imagination and a bottle of wine to keep me company.  If nothing else, after a meager two days I can say that thus far November rocks.    

No comments: