Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yet another DNF

This is not a good trend... this time it's Margaret Atwood's short story collection The Dancing Girls.   I read six of the stories: a little more than half the book.  The writing is perfect, some of the imagery is amazing and her ability to pick a catchy title is way strong.  The prose itself, the characters, nor the plot were interesting enough for me to keep reading.  I'm really surprised I stuck with it as long as I did.

I'll be adding this to the pile to go back to the used bookstore along with another short story collection I have of hers.  I'm a bit concerned as I have a few massive novels of Atwood's on my self, but then again, people I trust-ish have raved about the novels.  I've heard no mention of her short stories.

1 comment:

Marion said...

I was going to say that I have enjoyed her novels and never read any of her short stories.