Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Greatest Book Sale of 2011

Night Shade Books will be giving away their current inventory and even forthcoming books until January 23.  This is a great way to treat yourself with your news bonus, or buy what you really wanted for the holidays.  I've have been waiting on this sale for awhile now; saving for it honestly. 


I'm in short story heaven with this sale but the first and easiest purchase was Michael Swanwick's forthcoming novel Dancing with Bears.  Not even Amazon is gonna give you fifty percent off.  I've told myself I'm going to branch out this year and read more science fiction so I hope to see what all the hype around The Windup Girl is about.  Rounding out my splurge are two short story collection from the awesome Kage Baker, Wings of Fire edited by Johnathan Stahan, Wastelands by John Adams (which features an amazingly diverse group of writers), and The Imago Sequence and Other Stories by Laird Barron (because Terry told me to read it).


There were a few other I passed on; I had to draw the line somewhere.  Now if I could only get Tachyon to do a similar promotion... 


Tachyon?  Jacob, Jill and company?  You listening...? 

No comments: