Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Month In Review

Not a whole lot went down in terms of reading this month.  Will Grayson, Will Grayson was great.  The Arabian Nightmare was excellent, and Inkspell is as good as it's predecessor only I picked up the book at a time in which I don't have any reading energy or drive.  Yeah, it's really long, but I'm not focus on books right now for whatever reason.

That said, my only goal for May is to finish the last third of Inkspell.  If I feel the urge to pick something else up I'll do so, but don't hold your breath.  I'm going to take a moment and re-charge the reading battery.  If anything, I see myself re-reading a few books from past years that I would both enjoy and feel would reward the experience. 

I've also added a lot of poetry books to look into thanks to The Parrish Lantern.  Speaking of poetry; in addition to being high and might and all kinds of esoteric for the burgeoning neophyte of only weary interest it's not only difficult to get into, but pricey as well.  It doesn't circulate as much as other products so libraries don't buy as much.  The niche poetry publishers are uber-niche and many don't offer discounts to larger retailers.  It's hard to lay your eyes on enough of the stuff that might be of interest to you to even develop what your interest may be.  Not complaining, merely making notes. 

I can't blame it on spring fever as it's been a mighty fine winter we've had this spring, I'm not even sure I know what I'm doing with my time, but it hasn't fallen to reading.

No comments: