Saturday, November 20, 2010

An injustice.

I really haven't done this book justice. Over the course of a week I read The General in his Labyrinth by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. A lot of it I read at work. I also read a good bit on the train. I never really dedicated the time to the book it deserved. With the subtleties of the texts and the longer sections to read before page breaks I'm sure I didn't appreciate it as much as I would have if I had more time to read in a relaxed state of mind. I read when time and energy allow, and unfortunately the wrong book came up this week.

I did like the book, but I don't think any circumstance would have made me like it as much as Strange Pilgrims; the only other work by Garcia Marquez I've read.


Mihai (Dark Wolf) said...

It is funny how some books catch us in the stranges of places. It happened to me too and when I re-read them properly it was like finding a new book :)

Chad Hull said...

I'd like to have a happy re-reading experience with this particular book but with the TBR pile and all the new books I want to buy I don't see much re-reading time in the future.